75 CIVIL ENGINEERING INTERVIEW QUESTIONS
1. What is the bending moment (BM) & Shear force (SF) – Explain.
2. What are the steps involved in the concreting process, explain?
3. Describe briefly the various methods of concrete curing.
4. What is the minimum curing period?
5. What Do You Understand by M25 Concrete?
6. What is Water-Cement Ratio and How it is related to the strength of concrete?
7. What is a bearing capacity of soil?
8. How to increase the bearing capacity of soil?
9. What are the different types of foundation?
10. Explain moment of inertia and its importance.
11. How do we determine the specific gravity of a cement?
12. Density Of 1 cum cement?
13. What are the causes of the building collapse?
14. What is bar bending schedule (BBS) & how to prepare it?
15. Why is concrete cube test carried out?
16. Why is concrete slump test carried out?
17. What is bleeding, segregation, honeycombing of concrete?
18. What is pre-stressed concrete? Which reinforcement is used in prestressed concrete?
19. What is the ratio of steel and concrete to use in slabs, beams, columns?
20. Difference between pre-tensioning and post-tensioning?
21. What are the weights of 16mm, 12mm, 20mm, 25mm, 8mm Dia. Bars.
22. What is the minimum Propping Period of Beams and Slabs of various Spans?
23. What are the advantages of Prestressed Concrete over R.C.C?
24. Quantity of materials required for different works.
25. Which is stronger solid steel rod or hollow steel pipe?
26. Initial & final setting time of concrete?
27. why we use steel reinforcement in concrete for construction?
28. Is brick strength more or concrete block?
29. How to Calculate Number of Bricks Per Square Foot?
30. 28 days compressive strength of concrete in PSI?
31. How to calculate the unit weight of steel bars?
32. What is Plinth Level and Sill Level?
33. What is Brest Wall?
34. What is Brick crushing strength(PSI)?
35. How many Types of Joints are in Concrete Pavement?
36. How can cracks in concrete be avoided?
37. How many types Of Damp proofing in construction?
38. 28 Days Strength of Concrete (1:2:4)?
39. How many types of slabs are there & how to design it?
40. How much is the cover for the slab?
41. Maximum % of Steel in columns and beams?
42. What is fineness modulus?
43. What is Packing Factor?
44. Difference between one-way slab & two-way slab?
45. Difference between QA & QC?
46. What do you mean by Fe415?
47. What are the functions of a column in a building?
48. How many feet are in 4 square yards?
49. What is the average density of soil?
50. What is the ratio of Grades M5, M7.5, M10, M15, M20, M25, M30, M35, M40?
51. Why foundation is provided?
52. The concrete slump recommended for beams and slabs; is-
53. What is the meaning of soil reinforcement?
54. What is the different type of slump test indications?
55. What is buckling or crippling load?
56. Define slenderness ratio. What is its effect on the design of compression member?
57. Shear force and BM diagrams for different types of loadings on beams.
58. Difference between mild steel and HYSD bars?
59. What is meant by 80/100 grade bitumen?
60. What is differential settlement?
61. What does 33,43 and 53-grades of cement mean?
62. How do you construct a 25 storey building with no columns?
63. Types of loads on structure?
64. Difference between pre-tensioning and post-tensioning?
65. What is the L/D ratio of a cantilever beam?
66. What is camber?
67. What is batching? Difference between volume and weight batching?
68. How is a theodolite leveled?
69. What is a benchmark? Name the different types.
70. Types of admixtures?
71. What are the CAD softwares you have used?
72. Interpret a strss vs strain curve.
73. Define modulus of elasticity.
74. What are the chemical compositions of cement?
75. What is creep & shrinkage of concrete?